Qbase Releases Enhanced Software for MetaCarta Geointelligence Products
Highlighted by Feature-rich Centralized Administrative Portal, Data Format Flexibility, Expanded Geographic Data Module Reach and More
(March 9, 2012)
Reston, VA — Qbase, LLC, a leading provider of information technology, text analytics, and geographic search solutions today announced the launch of their expanded Geographic Search and Referencing Platform (GSRP) Software Version 4.6.0 for their flagship Qbase MetaCarta product line.
As a de facto leader in the geointelligence industry, with Version 4.6.0 Qbase delivers significant upgrades to their geo-referencing platform, highlighted by a feature-rich GSRP Administrative Portal that provides system administrators with easy-to-use reporting, crawler management, configuration controls, and custom gazetteer editor functionality. In addition, version 4.6.0 also offers Qbase MetaCarta users flexible data format configuration options, significant increases to the number of place names recognized by the MetaCarta Base Geographic Data Module (GDM), improvements to its core Natural Language Processing (NLP) engine, and increased geotagging capabilities for unstructured documents that deliver customers streamlined and expedited location-based searches.
“Qbase is fully committed to helping our public and private sector clients build and expand their enterprise and global search solutions,” says Paul Kesaris, Senior Vice President of Products at Qbase. “Not only are we committed to providing ongoing technological enhancements to our products, but we are also heavily focused on delivering these improved capabilities in a streamlined and easy-to-use manner. Our new Administrative Portal is a prime example as it enables our customers to easily and comprehensively manage their system, performance, and reporting.”
Qbase MetaCarta Software Version 4.6.0 includes the following key enhancements:
- Administrative Portal – Provides system administrators with an easy-to-use central portal for managing the GSRP.
- Reporting – This new functionality provides GSRP system, performance, and document information in three sections
- Summary – Provides appliance and software information, usage counts (both used and remaining), and statistics on both the number of documents GeoSearch has crawled and GeoTagger has processed.
- Charts – Enables users to create charts for GeoSearch Index and GeoTagger by time period, total/average number of places geotagged, number of places identified, size of document, and the processing time for all reviewed documents. In addition, charts may be refined by selecting the document collection and mime types.
- Documents – Allows users to view detailed processing information on selected documents.
- Crawler – Provides the administrator with controls for crawling document collections and provides information on the status of those activities.
- Configuration – Provides configuration control for the software license, GeoTagger, GeoSearch Index, and GeoSearch User Interface. All new and legacy functionality has been centralized and simplified in Version 4.6.0.
- Custom Gazetteer Editor – Allows users to edit existing custom gazetteers, create new gazetteers, and store up to six different versions.
- Data Format Configuration – Adds support for multiple date formats. Enables users to specify a preferred date format for each GSRP instance.
- Base GDM Enhancements – Upgrades include an additional 700,000 new geonames for an industry-leading 28.3 million place names.
- NLP Engine Accuracy – Improves location identification within unstructured data through updates and additions to the modeling data; the NLP also works to more efficiently disambiguate location names from non-location names, as well as between locations with the same name.
“The Qbase MetaCarta products are a key element of the overall Qbase product portfolio,” adds Scott Reynolds, Executive Vice President of Qbase. “Having both an industry-leading geointelligence platform, along with a premier data mining platform capable of handling vast amounts of data, presents our clients with all the tools they need to turn pure data into actionable information that they can use to make real-time decisions.”
Geographic Search and Referencing Platform (GSRP) Software Version 4.6.0 is fully available. For more information, contact your Qbase sales organization.
About Qbase, LLC
Qbase, LLC is an innovative data solutions provider focused on facilitating improved access and delivery of actionable data content for our clients. We have years of expertise in text analytics, geointelligence, data analytics, data fusion, modeling and visualization, platforms for geospatial sensor data exploitation, situational awareness, and high throughput computing. Through the creative deployment of these core competencies, Qbase solves even the most complicated data challenges for both commercial and government entities, including military, federal, civilian, defense, homeland security, and national information services agencies. Qbase features a robust corporate portfolio of professional services, complex custom solutions and a powerful line of products featuring Qbase Data Discovery, Qbase Data Transformer, and its flagship geointelligence offering, Qbase MetaCarta. Armed with innovative technology, products, and deployment methodologies, the Qbase team improves the effectiveness of our clients’ data however, whenever, and wherever it’s needed. Qbase offices are located in Reston, Virginia and Springfield, Ohio. For more information, please visit us at www.4qbase.com, www.metacarta.com
« Back to Qbase makes news.